Our SchoolStratton Elementary is an exciting place where students, teachers, parents and community come together to encourage student success through an Arts magnet theme. Our purpose is to prepare each student to become a responsible contributor to our diverse and changing society, while fostering his or her creativity, self-worth, and problem solving skills.
At Stratton, teachers facilitate student learning through art-integrated units of study that emphasize Design Thinking Strategies. Students are able to exercise their voice and choose from a variety of Art Studios to participate in daily. Each grade level unit culminates in a public showcase to which parents and the community are invited. At the 5th grade level, the Art themes are reintegrated through a Design Learning project that blends entrepreneurial skills, planning and budgeting with the arts. Students are involved in authentic, useful and valuable experiences so they can blossom into leaders in our ever-changing global economy.
Unit 4 News
- Celebrating National African American Parent Involvement Day (NAAPID) on February 12
- Announcing the Director of Magnet Schools
- Champaign Unit 4 School District Hires Two Capital Projects Managers
- Kindergarten registration happening now through March 29
- Mark Your Calendar: Kindergarten Registration Begins January 1, 2018